Friday, February 03, 2006

Less than 300 pages to go

Che was married twice. I even knew the second one was named Aleida March but possibly only because some friends have a cat named Aleida. The first one was named Hilda, but I can't remember her last name, and she doesn't count anyway because Che wasn't into her.

Jon Lee Anderson interviewed and obtained notes, diaries, etc., from March for A Revolutionary Life. And he moved his family to Cuba for a few years during his research. As I am barely past the revolution in the book, there hasn't been a lot about March as she is now, but it seems odd that Anderson can just talk to her and she's not under glass in the Museum of the Revolution.

5 comments:

Troy said...

Viva la RevoluciĆ³n! Or Bam. Either one works for me.

Airhen said...

I met Bam right before he was on "Jackass" when I was interviewing skaters for a story. He was all, "I don't have a last name." I was all, "Stop being an asshole."

Anonymous said...

I really need to read more.

Airhen said...

I do, too. I've been working on one book too long.

Mair said...

But I thought his first name was Viva?